Thread the Needle Pose stretches and opens the shoulders, chest, arms, upper back, and neck. It releases the tension that is commonly held in the upper back and between the shoulder blades. This pose also provides a mild twist to the spine, which further reduces tension. Practicing the pose with your hips on your heels (see Modifications & Variations, below) also stretches the hips, thighs, and lower Instructions
* Begin on your hands and knees. Place your wrists directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips. Point your fingertips to the top of your mat. Place your shins and knees hip-width apart. Center your head in a neutral position and soften your gaze downward. This is Table Pose.
* On an exhalation, slide your right arm underneath your left arm with your palm facing up. Let your right shoulder come all the way down to the mat. Rest your right ear and cheek on the mat, then gaze toward your left.
* Keep your left elbow lifting and your hips raised. Do not press your weight onto your head; instead, adjust your position so you do not strain your neck or shoulder.
* Let your upper back broaden. Soften and relax your lower back. Allow all of the tension in your shoulders, arms, and neck to drain away.
* Hold for up to one minute. To release, press through your left hand and gently slide your right hand out. Return to Table Pose. Then repeat the pose on the opposite side for the same length of time.
Want to know more message or email 📧 email@example.com
#officestretches #flexfriday #2019goals #bringingsexyback #flexible #flexibility #flexibilitytraining #massage #massagetherapy #massagetherapist #massages #muscle #musclerecovery #rest #mindbodysoul #therapy #therapist #therapistlife #physicaltherapist #briningflexyback #mobility #swoleandflexy #miltonkeynes #bletchley #newportpagnell #olney #personaltrainer #fitness @aroughley