Photos by Agence France-Presse photographers on Instagram and from the global AFP wire. Also on Instagram : @afpsport & @afpentertainment
AFP Photo 📷 @yasuyoshi_chiba
- .The Nutcracker' by Dance Centre Kenya with, for the very first time in Kenya, a live Orchestra -
Members of Dance Centre Kenya (DCK) perform during the production of the 'Nutcracker', a ballet primarily performed during the Christmas period as their fourth annual show, along with the Nairobi Philharmonic Orchestra playing the score by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky at the National theater in Nairobi, on December 2, 2018.
DCK, founded by a few passionate families in early 2015, teach over 600 students at 3 studios in Nairobi, and provides lessons based on the Royal Academy of Dance Syllabus. Selected students in various schools and slums receive scholarships to promote developing their talents.
AFP Photo 📷 @karim.sahib
- An Emirati man leads two camels while on a falcon-hunting trip by Al-Marzoom Hunting Association at Al-Marzoom Falconry Reserve, about 100 kilometres southwest of Abu Dhabi, on December 8, 2018. #camel #camels
AFP Photo 📷 @aaref_watad
- Syrian girl born without legs, walks again on prosthetics -
Eight-year-old Syrian girl, Maya Merhi, who was born with no legs due to a congenital condition and now is walking on new prosthetics after undergoing treatment in Turkey.
After pictures of her plight moved social network sites, Maya was brought to Istanbul for treatment. Five months later, the eight-year-old Syrian girl can walk thanks to prosthetic legs.
📷 @ gabrielbouys - 🎅🏼🤶🏽🎅🏾🎅🏿🤶🏻🤶🏻🎅🏻🎅🏼🤶🏿How many Santas can you spot? Thousands of people dressed as Father Christmas have taken part in a run in Madrid, Spain. The event is one of many marking the start of the festive period there and helps raise funds for good causes. Tap the link in our bio for more fun Christmas traditions from around the world. #Christmas #Fun #Smile #SantaClaus #PapaNoel #BBCNews
AFP Photo - Tear gas, mass arrests as Paris hit by new 'yellow vest' protests - 📷 @Ludovicmarin @sameer_aldoumy @zakaria_abdelkafi @lucasbarioulet
Alain Jocard & Thomas Samson
Armoured vehicles rolled through central Paris on Saturday as riot police clashed with "yellow vest" demonstrators, who set fire to barricades and hurled rocks in the latest demonstrations against President Emmanuel Macron.
Shouts of "Macron, resign" mingled with tear gas on the Champs-Elysees avenue, which was the scene of the worst rioting in Paris in decades last week.
Thick plumes of black smoke from fires could be seen rising high into the sky over the city.
Government calls for protesters to stay away from "Act IV" of a battle that began over fuel prices but ballooned into an anti-Macron revolt fell on deaf ears, with demonstrators making their way to Paris from across the country.
In the Grands Boulevards shopping district, masked protesters threw rocks at riot police and set fire to a barricade hastily assembled from stolen dustbins and Christmas trees.
Coordinated "yellow vest" protests were taking place across the country on Saturday, including on numerous motorways, causing havoc on the national road network. #giletsjaunes #giletjaune #giletsjaunesparis #yellowvest #yellowvests #photojournalism
AFP Photo 📷 @berryadek
- Wet-and-wild ride: Indonesia mud bull races not for faint of heart -
Waves of muddy water slosh over the jockey as he hangs on to the tails of a pair of bulls galloping across the rice paddy. .
It's a wet-and-wild ride in this remote pocket of Indonesia's Sumatra island, where traditional bull racing known as Pacu Jawi is serious business. .
The centuries-old races once heralded the end of rice harvesting season when the emerald paddies had been cleared. .
Nowadays, hundreds turn up to cheer on fearless jockeys who can net a bull worth as much as 15 million rupiah ($1,050) if they win a month-end tournament -- a princely prize in a country where many live on a few dollars a day. .
The rules are simple.
#pacujawi #indonesia #bullrace
AFP Photo 📷 @aris.messinis
- Flames from petrol bombs burn after exploding close to anti-riot police officers in downtown Athens during a demonstration on December 6, 2018 to commemorate the 10th anniversary of fatal shooting of a teenager which sparked major riots in Greece in 2008. #athens #police #photojournalism
AFP Photo 📷 @florentvergnes_jri
- A malnourished girl cries during the daily checkweighing at the Bangui pediatric complex on December 4, 2018. In Central African Republic, infant mortality is the highest in the world, with two out of three children, or 1.5 million people, in need of humanitarian assistance, according to a UNICEF report from 2018. #photojournalism #malnutrition
AFP Photo 📷 Elvis Barukcic - Heavy layer of fog, covering entire area of the city of Sarajevo is seen, from a high point on Mt. Trebevic, on December 4, 2018. Bosnia and Herzegovina's capital has been covered in smog for past several days. Measurements taken by local air pollution measurement stations have shown variations between 190 and 300 microgrammes of hard matter particles per cubic meter of air, which puts Sarajevo among 5 most polluted cities in the world. #fog #environment #pollution
AFP Photo 📷 @guillermoarias
- People who has been travelling in a caravan of Central American migrants hoping to get to the United States, jump over the metal barrier separating Mexico and the US to cross from Playas de Tijuana in Mexico into the US, on December 3, 2018. Thousands of Central American migrants, mostly Hondurans, have trekked for over a month in the hopes of reaching the United States. #photojournalism #documentary
AFP Photo 📷 @bsmialowski
- People pay respects as the remains of former US President George H. W. Bush lie in state in the US Capitol's rotunda December 3, 2018 in Washington, DC. The body of the late former President George H.W. Bush travelled from Houston to Washington, where he will lie in state at the US Capitol through Wednesday morning. Bush, who died on November 30, will return to Houston for his funeral on Thursday.