We’ve got a brand new Paleo, Whole30 + Keto recipe for you all! This Black Pepper Chicken feels like takeout, but is super easy to make and much healthier! We teamed up with @bobsredmill
to bring this one your way. Their arrowroot starch is our favorite way to thicken sauces! •
* 2 tbsp sesame oil, divided
* 1.5 lbs boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
* 1 bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
* 1 shallot, diced
* 6 ribs celery, thinly-sliced on a diagonal
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated on a microplane
* 1/4 cup coconut aminos
* 1 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill arrowroot starch
* 1 tbsp fish sauce
* 1 tbsp white vinegar
* 1 tbsp freshly-ground black pepper (must be freshly ground)
* red chili flakes optional topping
* sliced green onions optional topping
* chopped cashews optional topping
1. Prepare chicken, bell pepper, shallot, celery, garlic and ginger as noted.
2. Whisk together coconut aminos, arrowroot starch, fish sauce, vinegar and black pepper in a small bowl until combined.
3. Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok. Add chicken and sauté for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
4. Add the remaining 1 tbsp sesame oil to the pan, along with bell pepper, shallot, celery, ginger and garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the chicken and sauce mixture to the pan and stir until the veggies and chicken are evenly coated. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Taste, and season with any salt and/or freshly ground black pepper as desired.
6. Remove from heat and serve with any optional toppings as desired.
#realsimplegood #paleo #whole30 #whole30recipes #whole30dinner #paleorecipes #paleolifestyle #weeknightdinner #eatgoodfeelgood #healthyeats #jerf #f52grams #whole30mealprep #cleaneats #buzzfeast #realfood #whole30chicken #chicken #chickendinner #takeout #asiancuisine