Trusten Moore is our Student Highlight of the Month! A talented kid out of Batesville, Mississippi took the leap to venture outside of his state to pursue what he believed in. Trusten has a goal in working within emergency and along the way, hopes to motivate prospective students who also share the same background as him. Follow @drmoore.studentvet
to gain a better insight on what it is like to be a WesternU student for the College of Veterinary Medicine!! Thank you Trusten! Who’s next!! #WesternU #WesternUWay #VetMed
Full head of highlights in time for the holidays! 🎄❄️
Views from the SONGS ABOUT HER EP release event!! Swipe thru to see em highlights. 🤘🏾
Many thanks to @intrstmtl
for hooking your man up with gear for the set, and shouts to the UWO Guitar club for helping me host the night.
Last but not least, BIG shoutout to everyone who made it out. I do this for y'all. 😁
Photos by the talented: @lucy_lu.22
For a few months, I’ve been contemplating making a few moves that would require some sacrifices and with that, came the nagging Inner Critic to cast doubt on plans and goals. Fast forward to last night, out of nowhere, the universe sends confirmations like this to give you the green light, disconnect with that Inner Critic and move forward with plans! (for those who really know)
I would like to thank all who voted and Torontonightclub.com for holding it down 18 years + now! <3
One week ‘till Christmas & we can’t wait! Are you ready?
Popular paperback Bookstack
Am I missing your favorite?
Trade paperback Bookstack II !
Start your reading list for 2019
Trade paperback Bookstack!
We have many great gift ideas left
🎁Extended Holiday Hours✨
⭕Open everyday from 9am-8pm
⭕Open Sundays! .
➡Closed Dec. 25th & Jan. 1
Christmas break is a great time to get in some extra meal prep and stock the freezer before another busy month is upon us ❄️
Turkey meatloaf muffins can be paired with so many side dishes for a balanced and delicious meal! ✅
1 pound ground turkey
1 egg and 1 egg white
1/3 cup milk
1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 small onion
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
Heat olive oil in a pan over low heat. Sauté onion and garlic and shredded carrot until soft. In a bowl mix turkey and eggs. Then add milk, bread crumbs and vegetables. Stir in 1/4 cup barbecue sauce and reserve other 1/4 cup for brushing on top of the muffins. Portion into greased muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
#meatloaf #mealprep #holidayvibes #dietitianapproved #nutrition #dietitiansofinstagram #westernu #balancedeating #healthylifestyle #healthyrecipes
A BIG thank you to Mark Couto & Mike Seip from the Enterprise Foundation for their gift of $2500 towards supporting student athletes.
"You can't cheat the grind. It knows how much you have invested. It wont give you what you have not worked for."
Huge day today at Crossfit London. These numbers are a reflection of the work put in by our family.
Are you ready for winter break?! Today’s Member Monday features D2 Sydney Honnlee (@sfhonnlee
“HI GUYS~ HAPPY LAST WEEK OF THE SEMESTER! I’m Sydney and I’m a pretty excitable person. So if you ever see someone flailing their arms around or if, out of nowhere, you hear a loud high-pitched voice… 99% of the time it’s most likely gonna be me! If I’m ever too distracting, PLEASE tell me. I’m still working on my indoor voice.” 🤫
What is your guilty pleasure?
“SUGAR. I’m a boba addict. I also love binge-watching anime and kdramas. Sometimes if I’m crazy, I’ll even spend the whole night reading a book and then go insane in class because I didn’t get any sleep. For those of you that know me, you know that I’m all about moderation.” 🍭
Just had to do one close up for you guys to see! I just started my brow journey a few months ago and I feel like I’m only getting the hang of it now. Slowly progressing everyday!! Thank you for everyone who’s been so patient and understanding and supported me. I am beyond grateful ❤️
We 💙 a good map showing something positive for #mapmonday
! This map shows the global hunger index around the world - showing decreases in many areas in 2017 which is a GOOD thing!
We wish you all the best this exam season, geographers. Remember to take time for positive thoughts, a relaxing break is just around the corner!
#uwogps #geolove #westernu #westerngeo #xploregeo #mapsandnaps #geography
Cushman eliquid is a fruity blend with a menthol twist. Sweet and slightly tart notes of tropical mango characterise the inhale, whilst a low mint infusion creates an icy exhale.
Available at Quality Vapes 205 Oxford st east , Unit 103, London,Ontario
Finished up with my first semester of medical school! Needless to say, it's been both challenging and quite the growing experience. ⠀
I'm still adjusting to it all, but I'm thankful to have made lasting friendships and memories with my classmates along the way. ⠀
Here are some helpful tips which can be applied to not only medical school, but all professions: ⠀
1. MEALPREP. Meal prepping has been so efficient--both for time and money. Plus eating nourishing, whole foods gives you a boost of energy and helps you focus throughout the day.
2. USE YOUR RESOURCES. If you have a question, reach out to your teacher to get clarity. If you need extra help, set up some time to meet with professors. Oh and, Anki is your friend. It's a flash-card system based on spatial repetition. ⠀
3. SLEEP. You need sleep! Your brain makes neural connections to consolidate everything you've learned throughout the day while you sleep. Don't think you can get by without this one. ⠀
4. MENTAL HEALTH. I've had a lot of days where I've felt anxious and even reported this to my doctor. She responded that if I wasn't anxious in medical school, it wouldn't be normal. She also recommended cognitive behavioral therapy which I still need to implement in my routine. I also use guided meditations and aroma therapy to help ease the nerves. ⠀
5. USE YOUR SUPPORT SYSTEMS. Every single day on my walk to and from school I'll call either my parents, sister, or boyfriend. I also face-time and study with sista sam and it's great. Talk to those you love who are supporting you every step of the way. Reach out to them, they're here to help! ⠀
6. STAY ACTIVE. Go exercise or go to a social event. Instead of thinking it will be wasting time, you'll need this time to refresh your mind to get back to your studies 💪 ⠀
Let me know if you have anything to add! Off to Big Bear to celebrate! ❄️ ⛄️ 🏂 ⠀