We get a little excited every time we see different ways our fans use our stock to create the most delicious meals.
If you want to impress your family and friends make sure to check out @vegclub
version of a lentil stragonoff, a definite crowd pleaser. . #Repost @vegclub
~ lentil stroganoff ~
A delicious variation of my tempeh stroganoff, using lentils in my @solidteknics
wrought iron skillet. This pan is a dream to cook with. It’s made in Australia and built to last, from one solid piece of iron. It’s lighter but just as durable as cast iron cookware.
- 2 cans lentils
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp vegetable stock powder (@san_elk
- 3 Tbsp liquid aminos/tamari (@niulife
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup green peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rice or pasta to serve on
1. In a large pan on low to medium heat, brown onion in a teaspoon of olive oil. Add garlic.
2. Add liquid aminos or tamari sauce (can also use soy sauce if preferred), mustard, tomato paste, a pinch of salt and pepper, followed by coconut milk and stock powder.
3. Stir in mushrooms and peas and turn heat to medium high. Allow coconut milk to begin evaporating, until thicker sauce forms.
5. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
6. Serve on rice or gluten free pasta. Avocado and nutritional yeast flakes optional. 😋💗