so....since it’s sunday, definitely prepping for tomorrow with a casserole 🥘 for the next couple of days. nothing like having leftovers when you have babes 👦🏼👧🏼 and don’t feel like cooking 👩🏼🍳 during the week.
made it up, but it was pretty delicious 😋 .
👉🏻mexican style casserole 🥘 .
~organic chicken thighs 🐔
~homestyle chicken 🐓 bone 🦴 broth
~mexican fiesta seasoning 🧂 @frontiercoop
~salt, pepper, turmeric to taste 😋
~3-4 garlic cloves minced and whole ~cauliflower rice 🍚 @traderjoes
~sprouted quinoa ~organic refried beans salsa 💃 style @traderjoes
~organic pasture raised monteray cheese 🧀 @organicvalley
~organic cilantro 🌱 for garnish
super easy to make 👉🏻
1. add chicken thighs 🐓seasonings and 2 garlic cloves and 2 minced garlic cloves with chicken broth 🦴to instant pot or baking dish. cook on high pressure for 15 minutes ⏲ with natural pressure release or in the oven at 375 at 15 minutes ⏱
2. add cauli rice 🍚 to stove top with a bit of water 💧 and salt 🧂 and cover and cook for 10 minutes 🧭 (be sure to add very little water so it’s not mushy)
3. add 2 cups bone 🦴 broth @epicbar
to pot and add 1 cup sprouted quinoa
4. add cauli rice 🍚 and quinoa together and add to bottom of greased backing dish.
5. once chicken 🐓 is done, shred it and add over cauli quinoa mix.
6. spread organic refried beans 🌶
7. top it off with organic pasture raised monteray cheese 🧀
8. bake on 375 for 15 minutes ⏱ or until bubbly
9. garnish with cilantro 🌱 and enjoy!
#casseroles #healthy #leftovers