Hospital journey so far...,
1. Arrived at hospital at 6:30 am and was tagged
2. Hospital fashun 😂
3. This counts as a hat right?
Two minutes after that I was out and everything went perfectly. Yay!
4. Woke up in the ward and apart from the logo and toe slots these reminded me of the scene in Marie Antoinette wearing just white stockings, ribbon garters and a fan....I didn’t have any ribbons but I did have a fan!
5. Yes. Pink. Pink everything. I bought pink tissues and a pink drink bottle and even the hospitals jugs are pink. I bought two pink vintage peignoir sets and a pink bed jacket and a soft pink blanket and pink slippers I also bought my own tea and the adorable pineapple tea strainer ball I got for Xmas from miss 17
6. I also had my @blisssilk
pink sleep mask & hair cap...I even had it in a pink suitcase 😂
7. Ryan bought me pink flowers
8. A friend bought me my favourite macarons from @labellemiette_
(my all time favourite is blueberry & violet...while they weren’t all pink I still think it’s “on brand” for me.
9. Yup. I sheet masked I hospital...
10. As well as keeping up a full face routine morning an night. Because why not?
About to get my last dose of pain killers, have a nap and then get picked up
#femme #femmelife #femmelesbian #femmeinhospital #hospital #hysterectomy #totalhysyerectomy #endometriosis #adenomyosis #endowarrior #spoonie #thinkpink
Today something weird happened to me. I was walking to my hair appointment and passed someone in a narrow walkway who looked suspicious. As we crossed paths he swung at my face. He moved so fast that I heard his fist break the air - splitting me, mentally, wide open. Somehow I dodged him and ran to safety, but one thing stuck with me: I have spent the last 2 months telling myself how strong I am, building myself up, working to be proud of all I’ve done, and in a SPLIT SECOND someone was able to make me feel the most weak, scared, and vulnerable I’ve ever felt. In that brief moment, he took away the empire of affirmations I’ve tirelessly built and worked to make feel like home.
I’m still shaken up. If he had actually struck me, I would have been defenseless. I can barely open some doors my chest has lost so much strength. What would I have done? I took this photo intending to detail how I’ve starting getting used to looking at myself in the mirror or in photos... now I’m just pissed that I’ve allowed someone to minimize my efforts for strength. The woman photographed here had a different mindset; the me typing this now is angry that the world doesn’t care what you’ve overcome. Who you are. Where you’ve been. You are the one who cares the most - always. These things seem to be unrelated, but I can’t think of another way to convey it all.
Main takeaway: hold tight to your roots and make your thoughts concrete. Unshakable. And also, take a boxing class so you can learn how to kick some real ass.
Dude, chocolate is always a good idea🍫 but don’t event think about taking the last one, it’s mine!🤨 Uhm, yes, I think I may have a little addiction to it🤤