A place of peace and refuge or sanctuary.
1. A million years of flowing water has cut through the red and white beds of Navajo sandstone that form the sheer walls of Zion.
2. Most of the rocks in Zion National Park are sedimentary rocks made of bits and pieces of older rocks that have been weathered, eroded, and deposited in layers. These rock layers hold stories of ancient environments and inhabitants very different from those found in Zion today.
3. Zion Canyon is 24 kilometers long and up to 910 meters deep.
4. Zion Canyon is continually changing. The Virgin River and its tributaries run through Zion, carving and shaping the canyon. On average, the Virgin River removes 1 million tons of sediment, which mostly occurs during flash floods. The result: The canyon continues to widen and the river channel continues to deepen
5. Unlike the Grand Canyon where you stand on the rim and look out, Zion Canyon is usually viewed from the bottom looking up.
#zionnationalpark #thenarrows #utah #grandamericanadventures #travel #exploreamerica #adventureawaits #hiking #livingthedream
A stranger in India, doing okay so far
I’m just waiting on the feathers and tar
You are the only one, you are
and I are back to work today after an unforgettable trip to Utah. We were lucky enough to see family that we very rarely get the chance to see, friends that had moved away, and land that is alien compared to what we’ve seen in Southern California.
Zion National Park is outer space
2 miles in... “break time or what?”
First time at The Narrows and it’s definitely one of my favorite hikes.
Hiking in the Narrows- Zion National Park, UT.
Più che Into the Wild, qui si è trattato di Into the Water... 9 ore di esplorazione nel fiume, in Canyon stupendi. Le immagini e i video non possono far capire fino in fondo questa esperienza, sono soltanto l’invito a venire e vedere. E quante risate ci siamo fatti con @littleangels878
E poi se vi piace esplorare, ma non trovate materiale outdoor tecnico che abbia anche stile, date un’occhiata qua @waltersky.co
#thenarrowshike #checavalli #thenarrows #utah #exploringutah #zionpark #zion
In April I finally hiked the Narrows in Zion. The water level was at just the right height and flow to navigate it easily and hang on to my, at the time, uninsured, brand new Canon 5D! You never knew when you’d turn the corner and see just the most incredible orange glow as the sun lit up the canyon wall. A little behind in my editing-this is the first picture I posted from that hike. #zionnationalpark #thenarrows #nationalparks #hiking #adventure #gowest #utah
A beautiful day to hike up to the Narrows. August 2018.
I think I left a little piece of my soul here. 📷: @carleyc_az
Starting the day off on the right foot