ON MONDAYS WE SQUAT
Squatting is a fundamental human movement pattern that involves nearly every muscle in the body. It improves fitness, performance, and mobility for daily-life tasks.
Here are a few tips to remember when #squatting
1. Take a deep breath, lifting the ribcage.
2. Keeping this “proud chest”, push the butt back first and then sit down. (Imagine sitting down in a chair that’s not there, or sitting down on the toilet.)
3. Let the torso tip forward naturally from the #hips
as the butt shifts back.
4. Keep heels down.
5. Go down until your #hamstrings
touch your calves. (Or as far down as you can go, for starters.)
6. Drive through the heels, and keeping chest “proud” and head up, ascend.
Trouble squatting deep?
* Get your body warmed up
* Activate your #glutes
using band work pre-workout
* Widen your stance and rotate your toes out.
* Think about squatting between your legs.
* Build ankle, thoracic spine, and hip #mobility
here at #reunion
* Start the squat by sitting your hips back.
* Try box #squat
progressions (high to low box) * Drop the amount of #resistance
* Focus on keeping the knees out and “spreading the floor”.
* Visit our RE:LOAD class and speak to one of our coaches to learn more. #reuniontraining #reload