Most people who know me, know I LOVE crackers.
On keto, I haven’t been able to eat crackers..... Until now! Made these bad boys last night.
Cheese and herb #ketocrackers
*2 Cups Cheese of your choice. I used Parmesan, marble and mozzarella.
*1 cup Almond Flour
*2 oz Cream Cheese
*1/2 teaspoon sea salt
*1 teaspoon Rosemary (or a seasoning of your choice such as basil, chives, garlic, dill weed, spicy chili, thyme, oregano etc…)
1. Mix all the cheeses (including the cream cheese) along with the almond flour in a microwave safe bowl and cook it for exactly one minute.
2. Immediately stir the ingredients until the almond flour and cheeses have combined fully. You want the cheese to be partially melted (see photo)
3. Allow this to cool for a few minutes. if you put the egg in these ingredients too soon it will cook the egg.
4. Now add the egg, sea salt, and seasoning of your choice.
5. Mix it together until all the ingredients are fully combined. If the cheese has gotten too hard to mix, you can microwave it for 20 seconds to get it soft again.
6. Now place the dough on a large sheet of parchment paper. Then place another sheet of parchment paper of equal size on top of the dough.
7. Use your hands or a rolling pin to spread the dough out into a thin layer. I first used my hands to have more control and keep the dough inside the square piece of parchment paper and then used the rolling pin to even it out. *Make sure the parchment paper is the same size as your baking sheet.
8. Use a pizza cutter to cut the crackers into small squares as seen in the photos.
9. Bake on each side at 450 degrees for 5 or 6 minutes, each side. If the crackers are thin, you will cook them about 5 minutes on each side but if the dough is thick, it may take 7 to 9 minutes to get the crispy cracker texture. When you keep the dough on the parchment paper it’s really easy to flip it over while it’s hot after cooking it on the first side. Feel free to leave the crackers in the oven longer if you love a very crispy texture, but watch them closely.
10. Allow the crackers to cool for about 5 minutes and they are ready to eat!.