Some of us believe that 'global warming and climate change' is a conspiracy theory, a story told by organisations to "scare" people. .
Without going into what I believe in or don't believe in, here's a list of alleged impacts of global warming, as laid out by the Union of Concerned Scientists (ucsusa.org):
1. Rising seas and increased flooding
2. Longer and more damaging wildfire seasons
3. More destructive hurricanes
4. More frequent and intense heat waves.
5. Growing health concerns
6. Increase in extreme weather events
7. Heavier rains in some places and intense droughts in the other
8. Changing weather/climatic patterns
9. Destruction to coral reefs
10. Disruption in food production
11. Decline in animal and plant numbers and unprecedented change of behavioral patterns
The information has been laid out before each of us, now tick off the events that have been happening for the past ummm, let's say 5 years?
Not scary enough?
Okay then, think of the place that you lived in as a child or your grandparents place that you visited during your breaks. Were your summers like this? Did you have to exclaim with joy upon spotting a sparrow? Did you end up at relief camps due to natural calamities?
It the answer is a no, then, please realize something is going wrong. .
We've probably still got some time to fix this, if not reverse it.
1. Plant trees, more the merrier.
2. Avoid using CFCs
3. Avoid your cars and bikes as much as possible.
4. Try to walk or cycle to the grocery store or nearby places.
5. Avoid wasting water
6. Use alternative sources of energy
7. Switch off your lights and fans when not needed
8. Most of all, encourage others at home to do these too. .
Earth is everyone's home and we have a DUTY to pass it on to the next generations in a decent habitable condition. So let us all do our bit
#globalwarming #deforestation #nature #naturephotography #shotononeplus #evening #walks #needforconservation