I sewed my first gloves and I'm super happy with it. 🤩🤩🤩 I never did this before and my first try was actually way to small, because I didn't have enough seam allowance. But how did I do it? I saw a super helpful video on Instagram from @kamuicosplay
how to sew very easy some gloves.
1. Do a paper pattern. Put your hand on a piece of paper and surround the shape with a pencil. Spread your fingers as much as possible.
2. Draw your seam allowance around your shape line. Do around 8-10mm. You will shorten it later anyway. So it's better to have a little bit more fabric.
3. Cut your fabrics with the paper pattern and pin the two sides of the gloves together. I choose a stronger, but still flexible jersey fabric.
4. Sew the glove together with a stitch for stretchy fabrics. Be very careful with the roundings. Do it stitch per stitch. After one stitch I put the needle manually in the material. After lifting the presser foot I turned the fabric just a few mm. I used this technique the whole roundings.
5. Afterwards I did the first fitting test. If everything is fine you shorten the seams, as you can see in the second picture. Do also tiny cuts directly in the seam at the strongest roundings (fingertips and between the fingers) to get a nicer shape, after turning the gloves to the right side. It helps also to get less wrinkles. But be careful, if you cut to deep you cut a whole in your new glove.
6. At the end you just need to sew the seam around your wrist. Now turn your glove to the right side and have fun with it. 😊
If have any questions, feel free to ask. 😉
#wip #cosplay #cosplans #cosplaywip #gloves #glove #sew #sewing #sewtutorial #secretcosplay #nähen #handschuhe #selbstgemacht #nähenmachtglücklich