As the seasons change, I immediately think of comfort food. Growing up, chilli was one of my favourite dishes. Warming, spicy and indulgent. I’ve teamed up with @quorn_uk
to offer my take on the classic dish with a #Halloween
twist. This is my Roasted pumpkin chilli with crispy paprika pumpkin seeds .
RECIPE: Serves 4
Time: 30 minutes.
4 Small Squash / Pumpkins - hulled
400g Quorn Mince
1 Large white onion
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
200g button mushrooms
1 red chilli
1tsp cumin seeds
1tsp chilli powder
10g of dark chocolate, grated
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 can of kidney beans, drained
400g can of chopped tomatoes
20g of matura cheddar
Fresh coriander to serve
1. Preheat an oven to 200 degrees. Hull out four small pumpkins and chop into 2cm chunks. Separate the seeds and scatter onto a baking tray with the squash. Drizzle over 1tbsp of olive oil and 2tsp of paprika. Bake for 20 minutes until the squash is golden and the seeds are crunchy.
2. In a large pan, add the chopped white onion, garlic gloves and one whole red chilli (seeds removed)
3. Add the chilli powder, cumin seeds and cinnamon and stir till golden.
4. Add your Quorn mince and cook until the Quorn is golden brown.
5. Add the chopped mushrooms, kidney beans, chopped peppers and a can of chopped tomatoes.
6. Bring to a simmer then reduce to thicken. Season to taste and finish with a small grating of dark chocolate (optional but delicious). 7. Fill the mini pumpkins with the chilli, then sprinkle a handful of grated cheddar on top and place them onto a baking tray to grill for 5 minutes until they’re oozy and melted.
8. Top with fresh coriander, the roasted squash and crunchy seeds.
Such a fun and easy recipe that really gets you involved when you dig in! #ad #quorn #ScaryBites