This guacamole recipe is extra green and redeeming, thanks to the addition of fresh kale! It’s easy to make in a food processor. Recipe yields about 3 ½ cups guacamole. 📝INGREDIENTS
* 3 to 4 big leaves of curly green kale (the Tuscan/lacinato variety also works well)
* 4 medium ripe avocados, halved and pitted
* 3 to 4 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 ½ medium limes), divided, to taste
* ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
* ⅓ cup roughly chopped red onion
* ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro, lightly packed
* 1 small jalapeño, seeds and membranes removed, roughly chopped 💡INSTRUCTIONS
1) To prepare the kale, first remove the tough ribs with a chef’s knife and discard them. Chop the kale into small, bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle it lightly with salt, followed by a squeeze of lime juice (about 1 teaspoon). Massage the kale by scrunching it up in your hands, repeating until the kale is darker green and fragrant (this step softens the kale and makes it less bitter). You’ll need 1 cup (packed) kale for the guacamole, so measure it out and set it aside.
2) Next, use a spoon to scoop the flesh of the avocados into the bowl of a food processor, discarding any bruised, browned areas. Add 3 tablespoons lime juice and the salt. Blend until the mixture is fairly smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides as necessary.
3) Add the massaged kale, onion, cilantro and jalapeño. Blend until the mixture is mostly smooth, with only tiny bits of kale and onion remaining (or completely smooth, if you prefer). Taste, and add additional salt and/or lime juice, if necessary, and blend again (I usually add up to ½ teaspoon more salt and another tablespoon of lime juice). Serve immediately.
#HealthyMeal #ProteinDiet #healthyideas #healthysnacks #healthyliving #healthydip #mealprep #sauce #avocado #kale #guacamole