OK so we tried out the Chicken Tortilla Soup and I'd say it's a keeper. Hubby thinks we should do more salsa 8oz and 1 less cup of chicken broth next time so it's a bit thicker. We also topped with cheese, sour cream, and green onions. The flavors are yummy and as with most crockpot meals, it's easy to make and minimal prep and cleanup.
1 ½ lbs chicken breasts
16 oz. jar salsa mild or medium*
5 cups chicken broth
1 Tbsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 ½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1/8 - ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
15 oz can whole kernel corn drained
3 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
Tortilla chips optional
Green Onions optional
1. Place chicken breasts on the bottom of slow cooker.
2. Pour salsa and chicken broth into the slow cooker and make sure to pick up chicken breasts so some liquid gets underneath them.
3. In a small bowl, combine cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Toss to combine.
4. Add seasonings, beans, corn, and lemon juice to the slow cooker. Give liquid a good stir, cover, and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high.
5. Towards the last 30 minutes of cooking, shred the chicken. Let continue cooking for the last 30 minutes.
6. Serve chicken tortilla soup with tortilla chips, sour cream, cilantro and green onions.
#crockpot #lowandslow #pinspiration #pinterestwin #chickentortillasoup