These catastrophic complications, caused by beauticians and inexperienced practitioners are becoming a frighteningly common occurrence. Today's dawn panic, was from a lovely lady, whom had been injected by a non medic. 2.5ml in total, injected into the wrong place, and at the wrong depth, so that it placed so much pressure on the blood supply to her lip - it caused a venous compression. Those little blisters/ vesicles? A HUGE red flag, indicating the tissue being starved of oxygen and the lips "final gasp for air" before irreparable and long term damage. Her lip was pale on the right aspect. The beautician, told her "there was nothing to worry about". She couldn't have been more wrong.
To her credit at least, the beautician drove her friend over to see Dr James in Birmingham, and of course, as per CC company policy - we treated this patient for free. Dr James indicated that the filler was cheap, felt solid and horrible, and not what he would expect from a skilled practitioner using premium products. He was unsurprised at the ischaemic state of the lips, given the needle technique, the product used, and the way it had been deposited. He needed to keep the patient for a large part of the day, repeatedly injecting with hyalauronidase (after allergy testing), and eventually the lip flooded back with colour. It was painful and highly distressing for the patient.
Whilst Dr James, had no doubt that the injector was remorseful - he was also aware that she was watching what he was doing and asking if she could now do the same? She entirely missed the point, and that the dissolving agent is a prescription only medicine, and she was neither licensed, nor skilled enough, nor insured to inject it. She even admitted she wasn't sure where the labial artery was, and had all but a scant knowledge of the surface markers. She has only been practicing since June.
But the point remains the same. Whilst this kind of complication, can happen to anyone - in our significant experience 95% of these complications are caused by beauticians, and the other 5% inexperienced practitioners. Injectables is not a game. Pick an experienced medic every time. You only get one face.
❄️ On the second day of 🎄Christmas, Westside Walk-In Clinic gave to me: $10/ unit on Botox! ✨Book your appointment now by calling to take advantage of this deal. Only for appointments from 2-4pm Thursday, 12/13. ✨👩🏻 👩🏼⚕️💉
🎄******DAY 2 CHRISTMAS WEEK********🎄 We are already at Day 2. ☺️ Are you guys excited?
What did you think about our giveaway?
Our fantastic offer today is ………….. all full set of individual lashes extensions, will get £15 off (!!!) AND you can book until 1.st of March!
The appointment must be made UNTIL TOMORROW 6AM.
Book in today at www.goldeneyelashes.co.uk/bookappointment.html
Mention "DAY 2"
Call/text at 07522168750
Or message us 📞