After getting your paycheck for the month and putting down your budget..Do you realize that the bulk of your money goes into Groceries/ food?
How can you cut cost on food/groceries when living on a frugal saving...Here are some few tips but not limited to this:
1. Plan & execute weekly meal plan: check out @ifyskitchen
for help on this...Before shopping for groceries, look at your meal plan to see what food items to buy and keep you within budget..we can also help you with that
2. Use Coupons or Reward Card: Especially at a store where you frequent the most, use your reward card and utilise it properly.
3. When shopping do not go with your ATM/ Credit card, use cash this helps keep you in check so you do not overspend.
4. Buy in Bulk: whenever necessary especially for non-periahables.. perishables you can buy weekly
5. Avoid Food wastage: Do not throw your leftovers away you can reinvent them and be creative...or put them in ziploc bags and they still remain fresh...
for bones, you can mix beef bones, pork bones or chicken and use it to prepare stock which you can use for other dishes e.g porridge...And you know bones are rich in calcium.
6. Plant your seed...This is also eco- friendly, you do not need to be a farmer to achieve this...but if you have a free space in your back yard, if you did not put i terlocking everywhere...you can plant seeds or even throwing the seeds away and allow nature take its course like pepper and nchianwu, etc
7.Buy Seasonal fruits: It is way more cheaper
8.Don't be like chefs: Making meal with thousands of ingredients like the ones you see on TV. Simple meals can still be healthier and pocket friendly.
9. Never be like the Jonses:
Be yourself, do not try to imitate anyone or others that are trying to prove that they have more money...Just know some people live fake lives and so TO THYSELF BE TRUE... Hope you found this useful, tag someone you think needs to see this and don't forget we are in the habit of delivering only the best of farm fresh food items.