Every few thousand followers I am going to make a post introducing myself for the newcomers! I cannot thank you guys enough for hitting 10k.
Here’s 5 random facts about me, including 1 thing that I find challenging:
1) I run a wealth management practice (if you haven't heard, I'm hiring again! My assistant and associate have both been promoted within my practice to different roles). If you have any questions about what wealth management entails (personal or your corporation) please send me a DM.
2) I'm involved with and teach seminars at the University of Alberta. I leave for Central America shortly to embark on my second mission trip for oral health initiatives, which I will be posting details about soon. I volunteer with new immigrant women in the city to teach them financial basics. I also teach financial literacy classes to junior high and high school students. I strongly believe in being involved in your community.
3) I am a social capitalist. I grew up in a low-income family; raised by a single mother in a relatively small, Caucasian-majority city. I come from a Muslim family but have my own views on institutionalized religion. I very rarely fit the box of stereotypes that exist based on what I look like, but I’ve learned to embrace not fitting in.
4) I suffer from IBS and am slowly learning what foods work best for me. I’ve always loved cooking and more recently, over the past 5 months, I’ve maintained a plant-based lifestyle and plan to document the incredible foods I continue to discover.
5) My biggest passions are constant growth and improvement – if I’m not getting everything I can out of life, I get antsy. I haven’t decided if that’s a good thing yet. The other is forming connections —It’s the #1
reason I travel.
A challenge that keeps me up at night: social activism. More specifically, wanting to make a difference. I’m humbled by the realization that the world I envision may not exist in my lifetime but to keep fighting for it anyways. My ultimate goal as I drum out words on the internet —For someone to come to my page, connect with something, and leave feeling uplifted. Or atleast, not alone.