Today on Side View Magazine Profiling, we asked Asakemi (@asaakemi
) a minimal lifestyle and food blogger our customary 9 questions.
She shared quite a lot in her answers and we love her lifestyle, you will too.
We will be sharing our questions and her answers in a two part series.
So turn on notification.
OUR QUESTIONS (1-5)
1. Describe your lifestyle
2. What impact do you think food and fashion has on culture?
3. One thing you love about yourself?
4.Can you tell us about the women who inspire you and why they do?
5. If you had to choose one, which would it be? A Little black dress or dinner at your favourite restaurant? 6.About how much money do you spend on clothes a year?
HER ANSWERS (1-5)
1. I live a simple plant based lifestyle. I believe in nourishing my body primarily from plants. Simple out, I’m not philosophically vegan, but I eat a whole plant vegan diet 98% of the time. I am also a minimalist. I believe in living life to the fullest with less possessions.
2. I’m not much into fashion although my fashion philosophy is adapting slower fashion. For food, I believe food plays a critical role in our culture. From how we prepare our foods, consumption and even the cultivation process is indicative of our values as a culture. Today, it seems we are a society on the go, fast foods are on the rice and most people are missing out on the beauty and process of nourishing our body with food. For me, I take a slow approach to food. I value the little moments.
3. Tough picking on, but I’d say my sense of compassion which has since become a dominant force in how I live my life.
4. My sisters inspire me. They are hardworking, passionate and absolutely loving women in their respective paths. They do everything with love, compassion and a drive for a better today all while living their best lives NOW.
5. I would choose a dinner at my favorite restaurant without a doubt. My love for food is like none other.