Vegan Pumpkin Bread for #toasttuesday
! not the typical slice of toast… because this one is BETTER! Perfect afternoon snack or healthy treat to bring to your gatherings topped with your favorite nut butter. And yes, I'm making pumpkin flavor an ALL-SEASON flavor because it's my favorite! And I promise this bread won't disappoint even if its vegan and healthy-ish, I brought it to my office and did not tell anyone it was vegan/healthy and 5 people asked me for the recipe! Recipe from @lovingitvegan
. • 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
• 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
• 3 tsp Baking Powder
• 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 1 and 1/2 cups (337g) Pumpkin Purée (canned or fresh)
• 1/4 cup (60ml) Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1 Flax Egg
• Chocolate Chips @lilys_sweets_chocolate
• Small Handful (1/2oz/14g) Pumpkin Seeds, chocolate chips and cranberries to top with.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the white and brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and salt and mix together.
3. Prepare your flax egg by adding 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal to a bowl and then adding in 3 Tbsp of hot water from the kettle, leave to sit for a minute or so to become gloopy.
4. Add in the pumpkin purée, olive oil, vanilla and flax egg and mix in. The batter will be very thick, but have patience and mix in carefully and it will combine properly. Mix until just combined and don’t overmix.
5. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray and then line it with parchment paper so that the parchment paper hangs over the sides, so that when the pumpkin bread is baked, you can easily lift it out of the loaf pan using the parchment paper.
6. Transfer the batter from the mixing bowl to the loaf pan and smooth down evenly.
7. Sprinkle a handful of pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips, cranberries over the top.
8. Place into the oven and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.