BANARASI fabric is a fabric made in Varanasi, a city which is also called Benares or Banaras. The fabric is among the finest fabric in India and are known for their gold and silver brocade or zari, fine silk and opulent embroidery.
There are four main varieties of Banarasi ,which includes pure silk (Katan), Organza (Kora) with Zari and silk; Georgette, and Shattir.
1. Mahabharata did mention about the Banarasi Silks (which was originally written thousands of years ago).
2. Even centuries-old Buddhist texts mentions about Banarasi silks.
3.The current design of Banarasi was the mix up of Persian design and Indian artistic culture.
4. An ideal Banarasi sari consists of about 5600 thread wires.
5. All of those thread wires has to be 45-inches wide (at least).
6. For weaving the warp, artisan creates a 24 to 26 meter base.
7. Three or more than three people must act together consistently to make up an original Banarasi Silk sari.
8. Do you know a single design of Banarasi sari will require hundreds of perforated cards (punch cards) to implement the idea of design?
9. Normally it takes fifteen days to six months to complete a single Banarasi sari.
10. Sometimes it may take even years to implement designs that are more complex.
Shop at Mandiras Boutique for the latest styles and trends...
Be your own label..@Mandiras
. #indianclothes #indianwear #southasianfashion #dallasboutique #anarkalis #southasianbridal #palazzopants #indianfashion #stylepost #fashionlover #indianbride #desicouture #trendy #styleoftheday #jewelrygram #desilook #lehenga #salwaarkameez #dhoti #mandirasboutique