THINKING OF JOINING THE MILITARY? Read on⬇️⬇️
Post today from @marksactual
I’ve noticed that the same people who talk about how much they couldn’t stand being in the military are the same folks who constantly reminisce after they EAS and are so proud to call themselves “veterans”. They are the same ones who manage to bring up the recycling fact that they served in the military, only because that little bit of recognition makes them feel important. I must admit, there were times when I would sit and complain about how stupid things were and how I felt like I could have been doing something else, and those moments were silenced by an experience that made it all worthwhile. I’ve had meaningful relationships fall apart, but that only drew me closer to those who really mattered to me. Some days were long and miserable, but that only made me appreciate the simple things in life. Life is too ironic to fully understand. It takes sadness to know what happiness is. Noise to appreciate silence & absence to value presence. I love serving in the military. It isn’t always smiles and laughs but that’s the beauty of the beast. At the end of the day, I’m proud of where I am and optimistic for where I’m capable of going because of the military. Life is about the journey. The military does have a way to create angst that is somewhat inevitable, but be patient and enjoy the ride, because one day the ride will end and you’ll be left with nothing but memories. Make sure they are good ones.
My advice for those who plan on joining the military is very simple. Don’t listen to the negative people who say you’ll hate your job or those who never fail to talk about all the stupid games you’ll play. It’s the military, so keep that in mind. You will be joining the 0.4% of the American population who decided to serve the other 99.6%, so take pride in that. What we do is honorable and will only set you up for success for the rest of your life if you play your cards right. Know your why. Weigh the pros and cons of your potential decision and do what you feel is right. Not your girlfriend or boyfriend, not your parents, not your best friend from school, just you!