Lamb and chicken skewers inspired by @kitchen_of_agnes
Perfect weekend lunch or weekday dinner, just don’t forget to marinate the meat the day before... and make sure you keep some leftover for next day’s lunchbox 😜
Serve with mint-yoghurt sauce or tzaziki. 😋
The secret of this delicious, extra juicy, flavourful meat is the marinade.
The recipe makes 10 skewers .
For the marinade:
80ml olive oil (approx. 5-6 tbsps)
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
juice of 1 lemon
2 red onions, roughly chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme or some fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 tsp smoked sweet paprika (optional)
1/2 tsp cumin (optional)
salt and freshly ground pepper
500g lamb leg
500g boneless chicken thighs
10 metal or wooden skewers
3 bell peppers
5-6 baby potatoes .
1. Cut the meat into equal sized (3 m-4cm) chunks and set aside.
2. Prepare the marinade
3. In a large bowl add the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, the herbs and spices and season with freshly ground pepper – don’t add salt yet.
4. Whisk all the ingredients to combine.
5. Add the meat and the chopped onions and blend to coat. Let it marinade for at least 4 hours or overnight to soak up all the wonderful flavours.
6. To assemble the skewers use wooden or metal skewers. (If using wooden skewers soak them in water to prevent from burning.) Lift the chunks of meat out of the marinade and thread the pieces, comfortably, on the skewers, add the veggies (tomato, onion, pepper, potatoes) in a preferred order and season the skewer with salt and pepper.
7.Heat a grill, barbecue or griddle pan and roast the skewers for about 30 mins minutes (chicken might be ready faster) until cooked to your liking.
#senkyrfit #sportsnutrition #macros #calorieintake #meateater #lambskewer #senkyrfood