Austria! A beautiful country I ended up in on my second day of this journey. The idea was to find good weather! This shot was not taken until traveling around quite a bit. I was looking for a hiking trail to a lake, to get some exercise, and found this lake instead. I started on a trail at the other end. When I got to this end I found these friendly swans! They were so cute! I saw them tugging at the grass growing on the sides so I thought I would get them some more from further away. I was aware swans can get out of the water and grab the grass themselves, but thought, why not deliver?😊They loved it. In fact, they quickly snatched wads of grass from my hands. I’m sure I am not the first person to feed them! But they are beautiful, and so elegant. I enjoyed watching them and took a few photos. Austria has some unexpected surprises! It’s not just the home of the Von Trapp family and Salzburg and Vienna. Rich in beautiful landscapes and tradition, I love to visit!
10 things I love about Austria:
1. Salzburg - I went there often with my late grandmother.
2. They invented some very tasty and interesting desserts like Salzburger Nockerl. AND kaiserschmarrn, my favorite!
3. Their beautiful landscapes and lakes.
4. Mountains that anyone would love!
5. Friendly and warm people.
6. The Baroque church at Mondsee.
7. Incredibly delicious bread, jams, you name it!
8. It’s surrounded by several countries and in many places has multi-cultural influences.
9. The amazing palaces in Vienna.
10. Exciting roads to take road trips on... you never know what’s around the corner!
#austria #österreich #österreich
🇦🇹 #landscapes #landscapelover #swans #swan #culture #traveljunkie #traveljunkies #fernweh #reisen #vagabond #worldtraveler #worldtravel #worldtravelscapes #worldly #europe #europa #lakes #austrianalps #multicultural