🎶”True blue, baby I love you...🎶
I made this delicious Blueberry Lemon Loaf from @canadianliving
’s September issue few weeks ago and was reminiscing today about how I miss the fresh local blueberries that have such a short season. Now, I don’t see why you couldn’t make this with imported berries or even frozen but there’s just something about the small pops of flavour that the local, wild varieties add.
Blueberries are admittedly my favourite fruit and when paired with anything lemon, it’s a match made in heaven. And this loaf (or, let’s face it, this cake) is heavenly and perfect with an afternoon cuppa or a plated dessert 💙 Link in bio!
I share, you share.
10 things about me
1. When I was little girl, I had many dreams about having a boy and a girl, before I was 30. It happened!
2. I married my high school sweetheart
3. I can spend countless hours organizing things, until it looks the way I want, at least until I change it again later
4. I believe life is an adventure, and I want to live it to fullness every day
5. My heart is most content when I’m with my husband and kids, wherever we may be, together
6. It takes a while for me to build trust with others, but when I do, you can count on me to be a loyal friend
7. Creating, sharing and enjoying a charcuterie board with my loved ones makes me happy
8. I enjoy being creative, it may be repurposing a piece of furniture, pulling apart a pallet and building something, making my own lotions, washes or creams, or cutting apart coffee burlap bags to make something
9. My idea of a great day is drinking plenty of coffee, eating something yummy, hanging out with loved ones at home, or in the mountains, or at the beach, or a farmers market or thrift stores or just anywhere together!
10. I enjoy cooking and experimenting with fresh ingredients and new recipes
Happy Mid-Autumn festival to everyone! On the 15th day of the 8th month in the lunar calendar, the moon shines at its brightest. Time for families to gather and no matter where everyone is in the world, we can all stare at the same bright, round and beautiful moon.
Dinner tonight was steak grilled plain, sliced and then drizzled in the most amazing aged white soya sauce from Taiwan. An inspiration from @bao_london
Mooncakes for desserts of course! Check my stories for Isaac’s reaction to eating a mooncake for the first time.
Warm goats cheese and fig salad now live on my story 🥗 / Chop 1 x red onion, 1-2 x large tomatoes and a handful of mushrooms and add to a baking tray with a little oil, S&P and herbs of your choice (oregano, thyme and basil would work well). Pop in a hot oven (around 180-200 degrees) for 10 minutes. Add as much goats cheese as you like (I’d recommend LOADS obviously), 1 x sliced fresh fig and a drizzle of balsamic. Add a bit of honey to the figs. Roast for another 10 minutes. Plate up on a bed of greens. You could add chicken, cous-cous or more roasted vegetables such as beetroot and squash to bulk this up a little more if you wish. Add a final drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic / Super tasty, ready in 20 minutes and healthier than a chippy tea (which I was definitely considering on my drive home from work at 6.30pm!) #instacook #homecooking #homecook #foodie
Let’s eat a tree today! Swipe left to see a healthy snack that is actually a tree. .
The hearts of palm is the heart of the palm tree. .
Bought a can of organic hearts of palm and rinsed them under cool water. .
Sliced them and seasoned with cumin salt and chopped garlic. .
Placed in 425f oven for about 20 minutes and now I’m munching. .
Most use hearts of palm in salads. .
I wanted to try something different. .
Pleased with the outcome of this healthy treat. .
Try it especially if you’re looking for a healthy snack that’s easy to prepare. .
Follow here for tips on more food that tastes good.