Congrats on making it through another week! I’m up early trying to do the most before an incredibly busy day filled w/ surgeries & procedures! I actually get to kick off the day operating w/ my good friend & boss surgeon, Gyn Oncologist, Dr. Kushnir!
The field of obstetrics & gynecology is super rewarding & diverse; it’s Subspecialties even more so! While we are all trained ob/gyn doctors, many of us go on to subspecialize in niches which include:
1. Maternal fetal medicine (Perinatologist) - more commonly known as high risk OB doctors. More on them tomorrow!
2. Gyn oncologists - specialized surgeons caring for women afflicted w/ cancers like uterine, cervical, Fallopian tube & ovarian cancers. They also direct chemotherapy & radiation therapy for their patients. Gyn Oncs also perform surgeries for complex benign cases such as severe endometriosis or Hidradnitis, assist w/ life threatening delivery complications such as placenta accreta/percreta.
3. Urogynecology & Pelvic reconstruction - these specialized surgeons care for women w/ pelvic floor disorders such as uterine &/or rectal prolapse, bladder disorders such as incontinence & painful bladder syndrome (e.g interstitial cystitis), fecal incontinence, fistulas & dyspareunia syndromes which include vestibulitis.
4. Reproductive Endocrinology & infertility: my subspecialty! We manage disorders of reproduction including hormonal imbalances/absences, fertility preserving surgeries for fibroids, fertility sparing treatments for endometriosis, managing/correcting developmental (formation) disorders of the uterus & Fallopian tubes, fertility preservation options for cancer patients or those seeking to delay childbearing, infertility in men & women.
5. Family Planning: provide surgical & medical options for women as they navigate their reproductive life including management during times of critical illness. This subspecialty involves lots of work around public health outreach, education & advocacy for the patient as she navigates life from her teens through & past menopause.
6. Minimally Invasive surgery - highly skilled surgeons using cutting edge technology & techniques! More on them tomorrow.
E esse friozinho que chegou em São Paulo!? Clima propício pra uma sopinha né!? .
Então vamos a receita de uma sopinha super saudável e cheio de nutrientes!?
SOPA DE COUVE-FLOR COM VAGEM 🍵
- 1/2 kg de vagem picada
- 1/2 kg de couve-flor
- 1 cebola picada
- 3 dentes de alho
- 1 litro de água
- sal, pimenta e cheiro verde a gosto
Modo de preparo:.
Lave bem os vegetais e pique em pedaços. Leve os ingredientes à panela de pressão com água, tampe e deixe cozinhar por 40 minutos. Leve para o liquidificador e bata tudo com sal e pimenta do reino. Volte a sopa para a panela, adicione o cheiro verde, acerte o sal e regue com azeite. Desligue e sirva em seguida.
I often get the question, “what is a reproductive endocrinologist?” For most patients, when they come to see a specialist like myself, they understand that we treat infertility and offer fertility preservation options but for completeness, I think it is important to explain that our full specialty is reproductive endocrinology and infertility (REI) for very good reason. 🥼🥼🥼🥼
Generally, in the USA, doctors who are REI, after graduating medical school, first complete 4 years of residency training in obstetrics and gynecology and then we go on to do three additional years of training in a subspecialty called reproductive endocrinology and infertility (REI)... it takes time 😉. Oh and part of that EXTRA training also includes mastering specialized surgical procedures!
Reproductive endocrinology is the study of hormones and how they relate to development and reproduction in men and women; and it is the study of hormonal and reproductive development in boys and girls. Yes, we are also trained to see and treat children and adolescents with disorders which can impact ovary, testicular, uterine and overall development!
It is not uncommon to find that patients with infertility have some underlying or associated hormonal issue. For a select group of patients, they will not conceive or go on to safely deliver a liveborn baby until their hormonal issues are actively addressed and treated before and during pregnancy.
Here is a list of common hormonal disorders which can be diagnosed (and managed) by reproductive endocrinologists: ☑️
hypo- or hyper- prolactinemia
hypo- or hyper- thyroidism
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Precocious (early) puberty
Primary Ovarian Insufficiency (aka premature menopause) ☑️. Of course, some REI specialists focus on the infertility side only but the majority of us, myself included, love the reproductive endocrine side as well.
#whatadoctorlookslike #fertilitydoctor #reproductivehealth #womenshealth #menshealth #fertilityclinic #reproductiveendocrinology #puberty #girlpositivesuccessandsurvival #ilooklikeasurgeon #vegasdocs #thyroid #teenhealth
***The pain is real, the frustration of not being able to train is even bigger*** When the bar snapped deadlifting 210kg😳🤔 resulting in this... felt like a gentle jar at the time & a strain of my Serratus Anterior muscle. But over the past 3-4 days I've been experiencing some hurrendous pain on the left side of my ribcage, causing an altered breathing pattern & major muscle spasm in the surrounding muscles in my back.
Today I was treated by @talitabuckersphysiopt
with some spinal mobilisation, soft tissue work, an ultrasound (thankfully nothing fractured) and kinesiology tape to help offload and support the areas of irritation. Thank you for your help.🙏🏼💯 Although I am Under strict instructions of NO LIFTING for a week or so.. Just gotta try keep mobile for now... I am not a happy lad right now 😤🤦🏼♂🤬🖕🏻resting up for a few days then back to business...with a dash of no gains 🙄😖😖😖😖🤬
O calor veio para ficar e nada melhor do que um sorvete para refrescar não é mesmo. Esse geladinho fit é feito com iogurte, fica muito cremoso e você pode fazer do sabor que preferir.
É muito muito fácil!! Vamos lá!?.
GELADINHO SAUDÁVEL DE FRUTAS
- 1 xícara de leite zero lactose (usei o @itambe
- 1 xícara de gelo
- 1 copo de iogurte natural desnatado zero
- 10 morangos
- 1/2 saquinho de suco clight morango
Modo de preparo:.
Coloque todos os ingredientes no liquidificador e pulse até ficar bem cremoso é homogêneo.
Despeje dentro de saquinhos de geladinho e leve para o congelador.
➡️ Você pode fazer do sabor que você preferir. Você também pode usar polta de frutas, cacau, coco ralado, tapioca, ou sucos naturais.