, which means another delicious recipe for you and your family! Pork Carnitas Lettuce Wraps, a favorite of @jllewispb
! If you’re interested in more recipes like this one, grab the @whole30
recipe book from @boundbookstn
and this adorable book stand from @sanctuarysouthtn
1.5 tsp ground cumin
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ancho chile powder
2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
1 cup Whole30-compliant chicken or beef broth
1 onion, cut into large wedges
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
12 large Bib lettuce leaves
1 like, cut into wedges (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder, dried oregano, and ancho chile powder.
- Place pork in a 4-quart slow cooker, sprinkle with the spice mixture and toss to coat.
- Add the broth, onion and garlic.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3.5 to 4 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pork and onion to a cutting board. Use two forks to shred the pork. - Preheat the broiler.
- Place pork on a wide rimmed baking pan and foil the pork until crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drizzle the pork with some of the cooking liquid to moisten.
- Divide the pork, onion, avocado and cilantro among the lettuce leaves. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.