Finished up a quick project that’s been sitting on my bench for almost a year! The fist time I made these coaster holders, it seemed like everything was a struggle. The holes weren’t in the right spot, I glued the pins with epoxy and they didn’t go in straight😬 This time around, I built a few very simple jigs from mdf to help with drilling the holes and aligning the pins. The other big shift was to use @starbondadhesives
CA glue instead of epoxy.
The drilling jig (front left) is 2 strips of mdf attached to a square the same size as the coaster base. I used another thin square of mdf to keep the pins aligned as they set. A few dabs of medium CA glue on the brass pins and they were solid within a few min👌🏻👌🏻 Thanks @starbondadhesives
for sending me a sample pack to try out. Finding lots of time saving uses for CA glue!