I've been feeling awful tonight, so I went looking through my fabric stash, touching everything and taking pictures of it. I forget sometimes just how easily beautiful fabric can make me happy. Here are some of my more recent purchases, all waiting to be made into something.
1. Cotton voile from Mood. I thought the print was of flowers first, but then I saw they were ladies in dresses! The colors alone were too good to pass up.
2. Bird print jersey from Mood. I'm a crazy animal person, so I love all the different types of birds featured on this print.
3. This eyelet is to die for. I saw the pink and brown thread when I ordered it. When it came in, then I saw the mint thread and nearly died of aesthetic pleasure again.
4. I'm not a big pink person, but how do you say no to ombre crinkled linen?
5. Rayon silk siamese print!! From Mood. Let's just say from Mood for everything.
6. This is my dream fabric. Carolina Herrera embroidered polyester that looks like the mists of Delphi, inspiring the Oracle with visions. I dropped a pretty penny for this and I still have no idea what to make with it. (How do you cut into your dream fabric?)
7. Mood's personal voile. I'm also crazy for prints that showcase space or constellations.
8. Un Dia en Andorra cotton poplin - it gave me Dali and Bunuel vibes. I do know what I'm making with this.
9. Fabric from Michael Levine in the garment district. Come for the print. Stay for the mystery of what the hell is this fabric.
10. Black Chantilly lace from Mood for my Lydia Deetz costume, which I'm working on currently. #sewing #fabricstash