Fatayer Bisabanikh (Sambousek) is a Lebanese phyllo pastry made with a succulent spinach and cheese mixture.It is incredibly easy to make oven-baked appetizer that's savory, crunchy,soft and salty on the inside and utterly addicting all over! These phyllo rolls would make the perfect appetizer at any party as this flaky finger food is a big crowd-pleaser! #tasty #yum #yummy #onmytable #hungry #cooking #thekitchn #foodblog #foodlover #foodiefeature #eat #homemade #homecook #foodblogger #foodlover #foodies #foods #tastethisnext #hangry #foodgasm #nomnom #foodforfoodies #beautifulcuisines #eeeeeats #tastemade #foodpic #foodpics #eating
Ingredients 1 cup blanched and chopped spinach (palak) 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 2 tbsp olive oil,more to brush the sheets 1 pack Phyllo sheets 1 tsp allspice Salt and pepper,to taste
* Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add onions and saute briefly on medium-high.
* Add spinach,salt and spices. Cook on medium-high, stirring occasionally, until spinach is fully cooked. Set aside to cool slightly.
* Transfer the mixture in a deep bowl, add the feta cheese,cheese and mix well.
* Take phyllo pastry sheets,and lay them carefully in a large tray. Cover with a slightly damp kitchen towel
* Lay your first two sheets on a large cutting board. Brush generously with olive oil. * Scoop a spoonful of the spinach-cheese mixture and fold into a triangle shape. Wet the edges and stick it closed. * Place the phyllo rolls in the 400 degree F oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
* Remove from oven. Serve warm.
TIPS:Keep phyllo sheets on a large tray and cover them with a lightly damp clean kitchen towel. This will keep them moist enough so that they don’t rip or break as you work with them. Make sure, however, that your towel is not too wet or phyllo sheets will stick together.
*Be generous and brush each layer of phyllo with a good amount of butter or oil. This keeps them moist and gives them that lovely taste while helping their flaky texture when they bake.