You know how ovens are always the hot commodity on Thanksgiving day? Well, with this ✨MAPLE PECAN ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH✨the cooking method allows them to get perfectly browned and ready to serve in less than 15 minutes of oven time 👌🏽 Which means less time spent watching the oven, and more time spent hanging with your family 🤗 If you're ready for this lightly sweetened butternut squash, with the perfect crunch of toasted pecans, all you need to do is 👇🏽
MAPLE PECAN ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH
6 cups fresh butternut squash, cut to ¾” cubes , ~2 lbs (definitely used precut @traderjoes
butternut squash cubes becauseeee I’m lazy 😜)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup maple syrup 🍁
½ cup raw pecans, rough chopped
1. In large mixing bowl, toss butternut squash with olive oil and salt&pepper.
2. Spread butternut squash in a single layer on a greased ½ sheet pan. Broil for 7 - 10 minutes. The amount of time will depend on if you have a gas or electric stove (takes longer with electric), but broil until butternut squash starts to brown.
3. Remove pan from oven and pour maple syrup over butternut squash. Using a large spatula, toss butternut squash to coat all pieces with syrup.
4. Spread butternut squash into a single layer again. Broil in oven for another 5- 10 minutes. Again, time will vary based on stovetop, but broil again until most of the butternut squash is browned.
5. Remove pan from oven and add pecans. Using a large spatula, toss butternut squash and pecans making sure to include caramelized liquid when tossing.
6. Spread butternut squash and pecans into a single layer. Broil for another 2 minutes. Serve immediately. Any leftovers can be used the next day and taste delicious on top of toast, oatmeal bowls, or yogurt bowls!