Craving something warm and spicy with this wind advisory and my sinuses feeling like someone inflated balloons inside of them 🙃
This squeaky clean Jambalaya was a labor of love, but sooooo good! Made plenty of leftovers to get through this cold spell here in Ohio 🌬
INGREDIENTS -3 tablespoon olive oil
-2 pounds of frozen shrimp (peeled & deveined)
-2 packs @pedersonsfarms
smoked kielbasa, 1/2” slices
-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cooked)(diced)
-2 green bell peppers, diced
-2 yellow onions, diced
-2 red bell peppers, diced -2 jalapeños, diced
-4 cayenne peppers, diced -4 celery stalks, diced
-2 quarts diced tomatoes -1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
-8 cloves garlic, minced
-2 teaspoon black pepper -1 teaspoon, salt
-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes -1-2 teaspoon cayenne powder -2 teaspoon paprika -1/4 cup fresh curly parsley, minced
1. In a stockpot over medium heat, warm olive oil. Add onions, peppers (bell, cayenne, and jalapeño), and celery. Sauté until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
2. Add diced tomatoes and juice. Turn heat up to high and bring to a boil, about five minutes.
3. Once boiling, add garlic, fresh thyme, parsley (reserve one tablespoon for garnish), salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, red pepper flakes. Let rapid boil for ten minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add shrimp. Turn heat down to medium. Continue stirring frequently for ten minutes.
5. Add cooked chicken thighs. Continue cooking over medium heat for another five minutes.
6. Add sausage to stockpot. Turn down to a simmer for ten minutes.
7. Serve over cauliflower rice or jasmine rice 🍚
Total Cook Time ~ 45 minutes