I’ll be honest. I didn’t make the broccoli fries from dinner last night from scratch. The portobello pizza 🍕 I did. But I got the broccoli fries from the store in the freezer section. 🥦RECIPE BELOW🥦
So after a friend asked me for the recipe, I thought why can’t I make these myself? I don’t have to take the time to make them into the perfect little tots like I’ve seen on Pinterest.
Because I’m all about quick and easy healthy cooking. Too many steps and I’m tagging out. 🤚🏻 This recipe nails it!
Forget chopping. I’m gonna drop it all in the food processor and pulse. And I’ll prob do ground oats rather than breadcrumbs.
I’m just on a mission to get rid of the refined carbs - but that’s just me. 😁
Let me know if you try it!
1 bunch of broccoli, cut into equal sized florets (around 3-4 cups)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Pour 1 inch of water into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Place the broccoli into the boiling water, cover, and reduce the heat to medium. Cook the broccoli for 5-6 minutes, or until it can easily be pierced by a fork. Drain the broccoli and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Lay the broccoli out onto paper towels and cover with more paper towels, Press down firmly on the broccoli to absorb as much moisture as you can. Another method is to put the broccoli in the center of a dish towel and ring out the water as seen here. Finely chop the broccoli.
4. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Stir everything together until well mixed. Fill each muffin cup in a mini muffin tin to the top, pushing down on the filling with your spoon so it's nice and compacted.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes in preheated oven. The top will be starting to golden. To easily remove from the pan (without scratching it to death), run a plastic knife around the edges of each tot and they should come out easier.
Recipe and pic courtesy of thetwobiteclub.com