🍌BANANA ISLAND DETOX🍌
❓What is Banana Island Detox?
Banana island its a detox program, which you eat mostly banana (optional greens) for a select number of days. The idea is to eat monomeals (or easy to digest food) to give your digestion a quick re-boot. Bananas are excellent for detox because they are high in fiber and nutrients, regulate the speed of digestion, and allow regular bowl movements. Most importantly, eating monomeals can help feelings of food obsession.
❓Why am I doing Banana Island Detox?
- Detox: I have been consuming a lot of processed foods and alcohol the past few months which led to weight gains and feeling very sluggish. I want to cleanse my palette and enjoy raw food again.
- Energy: My level of energy and focus have been very low. I remember feeling the best when I did Banana Island a few years ago so I want to experience that again.
- Food Obsession: My relationship with food has never been healthy (I feel you fellow ED folks out there). I think about food all the time, meal prep excessively, mindlessly consume processed food, and feel very guilting after indulging in food. Recently, I have been completely out of tune with my hunger level and I cannot stop emotional eating. I am hoping banana island will reduce my food obsession and become more in tune with my body.
❓What do I plan to do?
- Stay on Banana Island for seven days.
- Eat mostly bananas and occasional raw food (other fruits and vegetable).
- No calorie-restrictions. Eat as many bananas and greens as desired.
- Drink a lot of water to help detoxification.
- Sleep and allow my body to rest.
I will post more details on my banana island detox journey on Instastory (highlights) and posts. DM or comment below if you have any questions or feedback!
“EAT TO FUEL YOUR BODY, NOT FEED YOUR EMOTIONS”