QOTD: Your fav marvel/dc couple? °
I am feeling a lot of things. Exams are starting from Monday (and yet I am here instead of studying 👿), the first official trailer of avengers 4 aka the endgame is out........... , and I just finished reading Catwoman! I am a fucking roller coaster of emotions rn 😢 .
Things I LOVVVVEDDD in it: °
- The origin: I think that whole "trained by the assassins" thing was inspired by Nolan's trilogy in which Ra's al Ghul trained Bruce and I liked it so much with her history as the undefeated leapord. Way better than the canon origin. °
- Catwoman: she has always been my favorite 💕 and I am so glad not for a second did this young adult Selina Kyle disappoint me. She was BRILLIANT. °
- The Audrey Hepburn reference in the last chapter. Sometimes I really wish we had a Catwoman played by Audrey Hepburn. °
- Batman and Catwoman throwing the same lines at Luke ("hey yourself") and then Luke getting uncomfortable at the thought of Batman face to face with Catwoman.. that did something to the bat-cat shipper in me. °
- The last few chapters: I kinda started losing interest but then Catwoman got arrested and everything that happened next was worth itttt. The ending was worth it. °
- the romance: THIS IS COMING FROM THE BIGGEST BAT-CAT SHIPPER.... it was nice seeing Selina having someone chase after her. I mean Batman has been with so many women (physically and emotionally) so Selina should have a love interest too, it's only fair. °
- the relation between Selina and her sister. .
I DIDN'T LOVE:
Batwing: loved Luke Fox but I can't say the same about Batwing.
Joker: I didn't really enjoy his brief encounter with Selina and I am glad it stopped there .
The writing, the plot and the setting were all good. .
As for @therealsjmaas
, GIVE HER A CROWN. 👑
I am definitely gonna read TOG and ACOTAR now! °
PS, DC should make a spinoff series with all four characters together and then Wonder Woman and Superman can do whatever they want to do (I really don't care) and Batman and Catwoman can be a real couple 🙂
#catwoman #dc #sarahjmaas #selinakyle #batman #batwing #youngadultbooks #superheroes #antiheroes #igreads