Mein Rucksack, mein Flugzeug, mein See 🎒 ✈️ 🌊 #allesmeins
The lower half of Manhattan getting hit with heavy rain, while the upper half is just a bit cloudy 🌥
a buscar la pasión en México 🌵
Hot chocolate will always make busy mornings better ☕
Thank you to the Brave and Brilliant @mskellydiane
Founder and creator of @projectmonashouse
who came to share and inform our students about Human Trafficking.
Kelly shared her story of finding her life’s mission, almost being a victim of Human Trafficking and why understanding Human Trafficking is important.
Thank you Kelly for sharing your story with our students. We understand your reach is global, you are Upward Bound! 💪
#UBMedaille #UpwardBound #AllTheWayUp
Today is a great day to be happy. ❤️
As we continued in our Entrepreneur Series, Chris Bishop, owner of @highklass_hair
came to share her journey of finding her passion and turning it into profit. She is now the owner and operate of High Klass Hair Buffalo and Charolette. During this workshop with our students Chris shared how going College played a factor in her finding her true desire, the hair industry and why she decided to open her own salon. Chris also opened up about the importance of persevering through life difficulties and always declaring that it’s your Victory Year! Thank you Chris for sharing with our students, You are Upward Bound! 💪 #UpwardBound #UBMedaille #Buffalo #AllTheWayUp
Stress ruins everyday of your life, while death ruins only one!
We think our problems produce the stress we experience, but it’s actually the reverse. Stress causes most of our troubles — from money, family, and work problems, to physical and mental health issues.
most people realize that stress is harmful, but few understand it as causal... at least until I review the following research findings with them:
1. Stress and money: When our mind is preoccupied with fears of financial scarcity, it activates stress reactions, releasing stress hormones that dampen the brain’s executive functions. This leads to a decline in fluid intelligence, which is the “smarts” the higher brain generates to solve money problems.
2. Stress and bad decisions: The greater the stress, the greater the likelihood you’ll make bad decisions at home and at work. Knee-jerk reactions can cause you to make risky or premature decisions. You’ll drop long-range goals for immediate survival needs, and every day you’ll wonder why you keep falling behind instead of getting ahead.
3. Stress and emotional negativity: Stress locks you into fight, flight, or freeze reactions. Your emotional set point switches to negative, predisposing you to anxiety, anger, aggression, paranoia, and depression.
There are solutions
1. Bust Stressful-Provoking Thoughts: Be aware all day of stress-provoking thoughts as they occur. Tell yourself: These thoughts are in me, not in reality. Then refuse to believe the stressful thought and see what happens to your experience. An anxious thought not believed doesn’t turn into stress.
2. Start Each Day in Quiet: Set aside five minutes first thing each morning to frame a positive mindset. Feel appreciation for the gift of another day of life. Set your intention to have a rewarding day. Commit yourself to being at peace on the inside, regardless of what happens on the outside.
This summer we kicked off our entrepreneurial series with local entrepreneurs and business owners. We started the series with celebrity master barber Justin Barker of @cutsbyjay.
During this workshop he shared his story of entrepreneurship, why he’s so passionate as a barber, his journey in life and why one should always dress the part. Not only did he share his powerful story but gave us all a tutorial on how to cut hair with one of our student models Trinity. Thank you Justin for sharing your wisdom with our youth! You Are Upward Bound! 💪#AllTheWayUp #UpwardBound #UBMedaille #Buffalo
“Speak to my agent!” ☎️💰📸🎥
Fuck all of them who keep telling you -you can’t make it- or its not easy - well matter fact everybody with a toxic attitude - negative behavior- who don’t understand beyond- or can’t think big - I just not be around these type of people! Agree? #nolimit #goals #millionairemindset #thinkbig #allthewayup #success
WE DID IT.🙌🚀
Da ist das Ding! Es war ein langer Weg bis wir uns offiziell "Growth Rockets UG" nennen durften. Ein geiles Gefühl die Gründungsurkunde vor sich liegen zu haben! Das ist mittlerweile 3 Monate her. Wir sind stolz wie Bolle und freuen uns über das großartige Feedback unserer Partner!
Auf in ein digitales Abenteuer - zusammen abheben & durchstarten!🚀😍
Show day vs Every day
This post is to educate you on what you may be glorifying on social media.
Left is a photo from a bikini bodybuilding competition, sport specific for a single day, versus what’s sustainable, real life, and healthy. I’m not discrediting the person on the left because that takes a lot of hard work and discipline but so does getting to the person on the right. The difference here is the goal and they are two different goals: bodybuilding competition, and everyday fit and healthy.
Just a word of caution on what examples you are looking up to. I’m not saying that it’s wrong to admire others and what they’ve accomplished but if you’re comparing yourself to someone who’s not training like you, doesn’t have similar goals as you, doesn’t have the same genetics, and ultimately isn’t you, you’re setting yourself up for mental anguish.
If you have a clear goal in mind and you need help achieving that goal my advice to you is to hire the appropriate professional to get you there. At least this way you have a plan of action specifically designed for you. ✌🏽❤️