1. First and foremost, this is one of the most important elections Texas has ever had and it is crucial that we select the correct candidate and that’s @betoorourke
shout-out to these amazing ladies for coming out and getting the message out. @aliciakeys @americaferrera @lizakoshy
2. America Ferrera- “You have massive opportunities to make Texas representation LOOK like what TEXAS looks like” (Texas isn’t as red as people think it is💙) .
3. America Ferrera- “Beto for Senate that’s right, so I could go on and on and on and on about why this election matters”
4. Alicia Keys- “We don’t have to tolerate the things that we don’t want to go on in our Democracy”
5. Alicia Keys- “We stand up”
(Guys I can’t overstate how important it is for us to like Alicia Keys said “stand up” against Ted Cruz
6. Liza Koshy- “Go online and educate yourself”
7. ALAS student president/speaker- “Use your voice and the voice for those who can’t vote” .
8. ALAS student president/speaker- “todos podemos”
(I cannot properly express the immense pride I have for all of my fellow Latinos getting more and more politically and socially involved as time passes so much love for all of Latin America and respect to this lady speaking right here!! .
9. Alicia Keys- “vocals unable to be properly appreciated by human beings” that girl’s on fire 🔥 that is all
10. Last but not least, iconic close up of me and @aliciakeys
basically essentially pretty much holding hands just saying 🤷🏻♂️❤️ .
Guys please!! Be the change you want to see in this country and in this world!! GO VOTE!! Especially for those who can’t and VAMOS BETO!!!!!! @betoorourke
#richlandcollege #aliciakeys #americaferrera #lizakoshy #beto #betofortexas #betoorourke #dcccd #latinos @richlandcollege
Money, A career, A big house, A beautiful car... It's all nice to have and many of us want it but it does not guarantee happiness or inner peace. We sometimes think it does because this idea has been planted in our minds all of our lives. People love to tell us how to live our lives and by which standards.
Society, television, commercials and now with social media it's even more triggering because we get confronted with it daily and compare our lives, our riches, to that of others who have more or might seem to have more. Keep in mind that most of it is a highlight reel. You do not know how people who seem to have it all, actually feel inside or what they are going through behind the scenes.
"If only I had more money", "If only I had that dream job", "If only I had a bigger house", "If only I had that car I want so badly". If only, if only...
If we manage to obtain some of these things, It might make life a bit easier, It may feel good, make us feel happy, but it will be temporary. We look for it outside ourselves but Inner peace and true happiness comes from within. And once we achieve that we will realize that everything we need, was right there all along because the greatest source of happiness in the world is our own selves.
I fight and strive to succeed in finding inner peace and true happiness. How about you? ♡ V.