Laser for all Skin Types. We use the gentle Max pro Candela laser. This laser has the latest technology in order to treat all skin types on the Fitzpatrick scale. Thank you to our lovely client @apriljanye for sharing her story. She’s had 3 treatments on her underarms.
3 minutes ago2010
What’s up #TeamRenzoGracie ! ✊️
We’ve had some requests for Neck Issues. .
Gratitude goes out to 🙏 @fcoelhobhz for demonstrating a SMR (Self MyoFascial Release) strategy to manage the tension that builds up as an “occupational hazard” for him with people hanging on his neck all day. 😁
We’ve overlaid some anatomy models to show you the tissues that are targeted in these videos. .
Feel free to set up the bench underneath the bar to make this easier on yourself. Opposite hand goes on the bar to manage the pressure, add on some plates if you need more than just the bar. .
Work the movements SLOWLY and make sure to keep your core braced. .
Tag your friends that have “Tight Neck”s that can benefit from these mobility drills. ✌️
🙌Sometimes when it comes to annoying neck pain you might wake up with in the morning or after a heavy lift, you need to take matters into your own hands... LITERALLY‼️
🏋️♀️In these 🎥’s I’m using my own hands to mobilize my cervical spine. These are called mobilizations with movement, and they’re an effective way to help move your neck according to the arthrokinematics.
In the first 🎥 I’m addressing a limitation in right rotation by pulling the left side of my neck into rotation. My fingers are placed just on the left side of my spine and as I rotate they’re applying an Anterior (forward⬅️) force
In the second 🎥 I’m addressing pain with extension by putting my fingers in the same position but applying force inferiorly (down⬇️)
In the third 🎥 I’m using a strap to apply an inferior force again but this time on the lateral aspect of my neck to help with painful side bending.
👉These techniques are helpful when with pain/stiffness in the direction that you’re moving, that might result in a “pinching sensation”. These techniques should not be painful. If they’re are, stop and take the guesswork out of it and go see a physical therapist who can determine what you actually need‼️
How do you deal with neck stiffness ⁉️
Tech Neck: head thrust forward on phones, computers or video games. The position not tight muscles causes the problem. It leads to imbalances in the posture.
1. Rounded shoulders/ upper back
2. Protracted head in the forward and often downward position.
3. Leads to shorten and lengthen muscles eventually leading to mechanical shortening including synergistic movement muscles
Some of those muscles and compensations are:
1. Upper traps and elevated shoulders
2. Levator scapulae and shoulder tension
3. Sternocleidomastoid and forward position if the head
4. Upper back exteriors and forward rounded shoulders and back
5. Deep cervical flexors and downward tilted head
Problems and pain associated with Tech Neck
1. Neural impingement and pain
2. Disk herniation and or pain
4. Facet joint arthritis and degenerative bone spurs
How to correct it:
1. Inhibition Self-Myofascial release
2. Static stretching to lengthen the shorten muscles
3. Activate with strengthening exercises
4. Integrate full body movements
How to Avoid Tech Neck
1. Be aware of movement patterns
2. Stretch breaks
4. Ergonomic changes
5. A regular exercise program
6. Awareness and education on postural realignment
7. Limit time with technology during Leslie’s time
Technology has not only limited our overall activity by changing our life’s through convenience it has also invaded our personal time due to work, texting , etc.
It is not only important to be aware of the health issues to take preventative or corrective measures to improve one’s life.
Do not forget to take time to unplug and enjoy nature’s beauty too.
«Ho sempre la speranza delle grandi cose. Ignoro in che cosa consistano e le attendo senza impazienza. Può anche darsi che siano già venute senza che me ne sia accorto. La mia anima è come un cane all'erta davanti a un cespuglio, in agguato, in attesa di una preda vicina e invisibile. Naturalmente non prendo mai nulla, nessuna preda, soltanto, ed è sufficiente, l'abbagliante certezza di avere intravisto una cosa più grande della mia vita e tuttavia consona ad essa, una luce così pura da essere quasi crudele».
Christian Bobin, Resuscitare .