Good day of training here in the #garagegym
Hit a front squat single @ 355lbs
Did 5x3 power snatches @ 190lbs
Then did 2x3 power cleans @ 260lbs
Ready to see what this cycle ends up at and how far I can take it this year, nothing on the table all in. 😤
When you tell your photographer to do something goofy to make you laugh for a pic, so she says “saggy boobs” 🤦🏻♂️ thanks @lizhurley_rd.
There’s never a dull moment when you spend all your time with your best friend. —
Liz and I’s date days are some of my favorite time we spend together, which sounds silly because we’re usually running errands or working on projects. But I think I really enjoy it because it turns otherwise normal, boring things into really fun tasks. Sometimes you’ve got to turn the regular, everyday stuff into something fun to make sure you get it done. Do what you’ve got to do to get everything done! Make productivity fun again!
Wall Ball Efficiency Tips 😎👿
1. Setup: Be relentlessly consistent with how far away from the wall you start. Over time you will be able to tell what is the right distance for you (which is slightly individualized), but as a starting place when standing upright you should be an arms length from the wall.⠀
2. The “Front Rack”: There should be three points of contact for Med-Ball on your body in the front rack: two hand & your chin. Your chin serves the purpose, among several things, of being a tactile cue to know exactly where to hold to Med-Ball. Every time you catch the ball think about gluing it to your chin as quickly as possible. This also stops you from letting the ball get out in front or off to one side, both being inefficient. Lastly, think about placing your hand over the Med-Ball rather than squeezing it from the sides.⠀
3. Relaxing the Shoulders: Have you ever tried holding your arms above your head for five minutes? Try it. It’s exhausting. If you throw your ball and every time hold your arms up the entire time it’s in the air you are draining your shoulders. Instead consider dropping your arms for a brief moment (maybe half a second) as the ball is in the air. You can either 1) drop your hands to your shoulders and shoot them right back up to catch the ball higher above your face 2) swing your arms out wide and down to your hips before bringing your hands quickly up to catch the ball right in the front rack.⠀
4. The Perfect Knuckleball: The ball should go straight up to the wall touch it and reverse directions back to your hands all with near zero rotation. Not only is a spinning ball unpredictable, it also represents an inefficiency. If the ball spins to the right it means that the left arm is pushing harder and vise versa.⠀
For full article use link in bio⠀
#zoarfitness #crossfit #crossfitgames #metcon #efficiencytips #wallballs #medball #wallballshots #karen #medicineball #medballexercises #liftheavy #snatch #cleanandjerk #deadlift #squat #bench #HWPO #gymnastics #cfgymnastics
Morning Session from @comptrain.co
Toes to Bar
Hang Power Snatch
100’ Double Kettlebell Lunge
Toes to Bar
Hang Power Snatch
Didn’t hit my goal time so I did a punisher of 100 sledge strikes!
Check out @fnx_fit
for supplements to help you reach your goals. Link in Bio
Use code TJFRIESEFNX to save 15% on your purchase
Happy Tuesday Everyone! Today was the coldest morning in the gym to date - wind chill was -1 this morning 🥶 the days I spend in the garage freezing my ass off seem to make the rest of the days so much better.
Today’s workload: 👉🏼Warmup
- Ab wheel (4x18 - upped this by 3 reps)
- T2B (4x12)
- Stick twist x250
- DT (modified to 95lbs) 5 rounds FT - Deadlift x12 - Hang clean x9 - Jerk press x6 - Time: 13:10
- 10 rounds ~ 400m (3rd day in a row)
Visualize, Strategize, Execute 🥊💥 Shadowboxing, when done with a purpose, is a great way to drill those fundamentals, so that when push comes to shove, you don’t lose your technique under pressure 👍🏽 Want to learn how? Come in today to start your free week or call 617-782-6946 for more info 📞
Can't set the world on fire with every workout. Feeling depleted (need more food!) but went for a heavy version of the Hero workout "Bell" which is the @sasquatchcf
WOD. I could feel early that I didn't have anything, but we don't quit, especially when it's for a Hero.
3 Rounds for Time
21 Deadlifts 205#
15 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
9 Front Squats 205#
#sasquatchstrong #heroworkout #herowod
This is Trish, she is a bad ass powerlifting, running, snowshoeing, wife, working mom and dog mom! Her dedication the health and wellbeing is no joke, and this transformation did not take place overnight.
We constantly talk about consistency and that is exactly what @tcrouch79
represents. Months of consistently hitting her macros, working out, eating enough, planning ahead for trips, and recovering!! This is just the beginning of a big year for Trish and we are so happy to be a part of this journey!!! 👊🏼💪🏼💃🏽🔥💥 #cruxnutritioncoaching #cruxlife #nutritioncoaching #macros #powerlifting #running #fitness #fitspo #hwpo
You’re training hard. You’re probably coupling that with work, kids, family....all the things. Are you fueling your body the right way to meet those needs? The trouble with how and what we eat is that we’re all different and we all respond differently based on what we eat. Don’t center yourself on needing a certain ‘diet’ to achieve or maintain your body. Eat real food, cook it yourself if you can, and don’t be afraid to experiment until you find what fuels you the right way. It’s part of the process and you know you gotta enjoy the process. #trainingprogram #training #workout #workoutroutine #hwpo #deadlift #squats #crossfit #chalkonthebar #pedaldown
I find myself frequently being part of conversations around motivation. The thing I want everyone to understand is that you are not going to be motivated every single day. Rather, I want you to learn discipline and to be driven. When the motivation is not there or lacking, your discipline and drive push you through in order to get closer to your goals. -
You might not want to workout on a particular day, you might want an extra piece of cake at that birthday party, whatever it may be that could play a factor in you not reaching your goal. That’s when your discipline matters. -
Is this how Buddha learned to float? 🧘♂️
And in the blink of an eye, @thewodapalooza
2019 comes to an end. Day 3 was such a roller coaster of emotions, like I have never experienced before. Initially I didn’t come to this event with any expectations other than having fun and giving my best, and probably should have believed in myself a little more, but closing the weekend with a 4th place finish definitely exceeded what I could have imagined. Although after tasting the top 3 for the first two days, I have to admit the whole thing became very stressful and I didn’t manage the pressure very well. Again, such humbling, learning and overall incredible experience. Finishing one spot away from the podium was a hard pill to swallow at first, after being so close all weekend, but with all things in considerations I am proud of the outcome, feeling blessed with the opportunity and the athletes I shared it with. I created solid friendships here and connected with so many beautiful souls.
BEYOND AMAZED AND THANKFUL for the amount of love and support you all gave me, and from my one and only @reebokcrossfityul
Hungrier than ever for what’s to come👊🏻
@reebokcanada @filt50 @jolyncanada
#wza #wodapalooza #miami #amazingmemories #goodtimes #goodvibes #friendship #fitnessmotivation #reebokcrossfityul #crossfit #crossfitchicks #athlete #allsmiles #sunsoutgunsout #beach #female #workout #sunkissed #sunkissedhair #bikini #wzamiami #fit #gym #hwpo #positivevibes #compete #passion
Homie is getting thicccc.
Over the past few weeks between going home on leave then spending the weekend in Tennessee I’ve definitely over indulged on food and brewskis. Am I happy with the fact I’ve gained about 5 pounds of probably not good weight, no. However I’m thankful for the experiences I’ve had with friends and family and that balance makes the temporary set back worth it.
Life is short so you can’t take those moments for granted. I’m humbled every time I go home because it’s like I’ve never left. Then when it’s time to go we remember and long for the next time we can be together. Some of the greatest friendships I’ve made have also happened since I’ve gone into the Navy and those moments of saying bye to friends who are leaving are bittersweet. I definitely appreciate my relationships with friends and family a lot more. We should all take the time to spend more of it with the ones we love and care about, making memories that you’ll remember years to come.
Back on the grind. Shifting my focus to day to day goals rather than just looking at the end game. Keep training, keep growing.
Turned to the @crossfitinvictus
WOD today for inspiration. They didn't disappoint!
12 Min AMRAP:
4 DB Hang Cleans (22.5kg)
8 DB Front Squats
12 Walking Lunges
I'm a big fan of stuff like this. Everything you need from a workout with very little equipment! 😁