When I wrote this for the #BlackGreekSuccess #Blog
, I had no idea it would touch as many of my brothers and sisters as it did. I wrote this to be neither popular nor liked. I wasn't trying to be public enemy number one, either. I just want us to think about the kinds of cultures we create in our alumni chapters in the #DivineNine
, because our organizations' success is based on our chapters' success. So, what are those 10 issues?
. . .
1. Harassing Reclaimed Brothers or Sorors Over Money...Now
2. The Peter Pan Syndrome
3. "You Should Know That." 4. Disregard for Families
5. Lack of Tolerance for Diversity
6. Thoughtless Service Projects
7. Lack of Damage Control (of Morale)
8. Lack of Professionalism
9. Putting the Chapter Before the Fraternity or Sorority
10. Lack of Brotherhood or Sisterhood
. . . "Effective leadership is largely built on emotionally intelligent interactions with our brothers or sorors. As grad members, we should model that leadership for undergrads. Grad chapters are also a valuable source of social capital for the communities we serve, and we maintain the brands of our respective organizations. We owe it to our hard-working, conscientious brothers and sorors to give them grad chapter experiences they will always be proud of."
. . .